Whether you’re planning a whole house remodel or a simple bathroom renovation, making changes to your home often takes a great deal of planning. It can also take a remodeling team if you’re not a professional builder or contractor yourself.
Benefits of using a professional remodeling company
Even if you enjoy DIY projects, there comes a time when professional help is necessary. For many homeowners, that line is crossed when they move from doing something simple like painting to something more complex, like a renovation that includes moving walls, plumbing or electrical. Here are a few of the most common benefits you’ll realize by hiring a pro to help with your remodeling project:
- Pros come with experience. With that experience comes an understanding of what works and what doesn’t. That translates to less time and money wasted on things that just aren’t going to work for you, your home, or your budget.
- You’ll enjoy time freedom. When you hire a professional remodeling company, you can leave the work up to them and their design-build team. That means you get to do the fun stuff, like picking out fixtures and finishes, and have more time for work and family.
- Fewer mistakes will be made. A huge benefit of letting the pros do the work is that they know what they’re doing. That means fewer mistakes and ultimately, less money wasted on fixing problems that could’ve been prevented in the first place.
- Permits will be handled by your team. If your municipality requires building or remodeling permits, you don’t have to worry about doing that yourself. Your professional remodeling team knows exactly what’s needed, when it needs to be done, and who to go to for the necessary permits and/or documents.
How to find the best remodeling team
Whether you’re intending to use one professional or many to get the job done, it’s important to know exactly how to find the best team. Here are two great places to start:
- Talk to friends and family. If you know someone in your area who’s recently had remodeling done by a pro, ask them what they did or didn’t like about who did the work. They’ll be happy to share their experience whether it was positive or negative. Either way, you’ll have some good information to go on for selecting your own team.
- Search for remodelers online. Many professional organizations have their profiles on Houzz, Pinterest, or Google. Here, you can read reviews and even see online portfolios of the company’s work.
Questions to ask your prospective remodeling team
Now that you’re sold on the idea of hiring someone else to do the work, and you have a few options in mind, it’s time to think about exactly what to ask your potential renovation team. Here are some questions to get you started:
- What services do you offer? You may find all of your required professionals in one team, or you may have to assemble your team from individual ones. You’ll likely need a plumber, electrician, and builder for almost any remodeling project. Beyond that, consider who will draft the design and assist with making it become a reality. Some firms have a design-build team that handles everything, while others do only one piece of the puzzle and contract out for the rest.
- How open is your schedule? Depending on the time of year, some remodeling companies may be booked solid for weeks. Asking about their schedule in advance will help you know whether you can realistically expect them to complete your project in your timeframe or if you’ll need to look for someone else.
- Will you work with my remodeling budget? Every remodeling professional is different when it comes to the size and scope of jobs they will complete. Some prefer small jobs that are quick to install. Others only work on larger jobs that take months or years, while still others do a combination of both. Determine your remodeling budget and then find out if your prospective contractor will consider a job of that size.
Are you ready to work with a remodeling team who will help you all the way from design to completion? Give us a call today at (949) 861-3400 to get started!