Having a well-planned remodeling budget is absolutely essential to the successful completion of any remodeling project. That is, if you want to help eliminate surprises and you want to be satisfied with the results for years to come. So, where do professional designers choose to spend the most dollars?
To answer this question, let’s look at kitchen remodeling. With the cost of a kitchen renovation often coming in at tens of thousands of dollars, it’s helpful to know where it’s most beneficial to spend a little extra money.
Remodeling Budget of Professional Designers:
1. Energy-Efficient and Design-Friendly Appliances – Although they typically cost more money up front, energy-efficient appliances can save you a significant amount of money in the long run. Some even operate more quietly (such as an energy-efficient dishwasher) so you can enjoy money savings and reduce noise at the same time.
Professional designers also understand the importance of choosing appliances that fit with the overall design. For some kitchens, that means all stainless steel appliances while for others, appliances may be hidden behind cabinet doors so they create a seamless look. Another popular trend, especially in kitchen design for 2022, is appliances in drawers where they’re not only hidden but also ergonomically friendly.
2. An Effective Range Hood – Depending on the types of food you enjoy and your style of cooking, kitchens can easily become very aromatic and greasy. A quality range hood can help ventilate the space and protect nearby cabinets and walls from grease.
Professional designers are also adept at utilizing the range hood to elevate the room’s overall design. For example, the hood provides a pop of color against an overarching white design palette in this Coto de Caza kitchen makeover. In contrast, the hood is hidden behind a brick facade to add to the New Orleans-inspired design of this Lake Forest kitchen remodel.
3. Recycling and Repurposing Materials – While new materials are often preferred due to their quality and promise of longevity, some materials can be repurposed or reused to create a farmhouse look or nostalgic design. Picture a farmhouse table or rustic pantry cupboard and you get the idea of how utilizing used or antique items can be a design benefit. When used appropriately, they can create a comfortable, lived-in feeling instead of a showroom-style kitchen where everything appears fresh and new.
4. Quality Countertop, Cabinet, and Flooring Materials – It’s no secret that the kitchen is the heart of the home. And, as such, it often sees the most traffic in a day’s time. That’s just one reason why choosing quality, long lasting materials is imperative for long term satisfaction with your kitchen remodel. Since most kitchen renovations are done every 10-15 years, you’ll want to make sure that the countertop, cabinet, and flooring materials you choose will stand up to the test of time.
5. Careful Design Planning and Expert Installation – For most people, a kitchen remodel is not a DIY task. Rather, it takes specialized knowledge and experience to make sure the job is properly planned in advance and installed the right way. Professional designers and remodeling contractors have exactly that – the design know-how to make every element work together without having to be redone or refitted multiple times, and expert builders who know how to install everything the right way the first time.
Professional Remodeling in Orange County
Although each of the elements mentioned above specifically relates to kitchen remodeling, many of them can be applied to other renovation projects as well. For example, quality materials are especially important in a bathroom remodel since bathrooms are heavily used and also exposed to a great deal of moisture. In addition, bathroom remodeling often requires the services of professional designers in order to make the most of the space, whether it’s a simple powder room or a spacious master bath.
At Sea Pointe Design & Remodel, we want to help you get the most out of your remodeling budget. That’s why our professional designers work closely with you to design a space that meets your needs, addresses your wants, and also adheres to design standards that have faced the test of time.
When you’re ready to begin planning your next remodeling project, give us a call at (949) 861-3400 or fill out the form below to schedule your complimentary design consultation.