Who says decorating for the holidays has to be only about Christmas lights, gnomes on the mantel, and the biggest tree ever? Other ideas, such as tablescaping for New Year’s, provide the perfect chance to show off your kitchen remodel or dining room renovation.
Let’s take a look at how creating a beautiful tablescape can help light up the room and ring the new year in with style.
What is tablescaping?
Originally coined by TV chef Sandra Lee in 2003, tablescaping is the act of artfully arranging tabletops to reflect a particular mood or theme. In the real estate world, it’s often used in staging homes that are going on the market. However, tablescaping is becoming more trendy among homeowners simply for everyday living and dressing things up for special occasions.
As you think about tablescaping for New Year’s, here are some factors to consider:
- Accessories – Will they simply be for show, or do they also serve some sort of function?
- Style continuity – Although you may be creating a tablescape for a special occasion, the overall theme should blend well with the style of the room.
- Use coordinating colors – The hues used in your tablescape vignette should coordinate with the room’s dominant color.
- Group like objects but vary their height – For example, a group of candles provides more visual interest when you place them together but in varying heights.
- Incorporate greenery – Just like you use greenery when stylizing your mantel, you can use garlands or other greenery to provide color, life, and texture for your tablescape.
Ring in the New Year with These Tablescaping Designs
Now that you have a good idea of what goes into an artful tablescape, here are some designs that can make tablescaping for New Year’s a breeze.
- Timely masterpiece – Does your family count down the minutes and seconds until the New Year? Do it in style with a time-themed tablescape!
- Delightful disco – Watching the ball drop in Time Square can be the impetus for this tablescaping design. Decorate your dining table with glittering disco balls, festive candles, and shimmering crystal dishes. Why not welcome 2022 with elegance?
- Beachy seascape – Here in Southern California, our design-build clients aren’t so fond of a winter wonderland. But, we can use the same colors to re-create a beautiful seaside atmosphere. White seashells, driftwood, olive branches, and other greenery come together easily to make the beach come alive inside.
- Glittering gold – For a rich and elegant look, combine greenery with white or cream flowers, gold plated dishes or cutlery, and crystal glasses.
- Spirited sparkles – There’s nothing quite like sparkling white lights to brighten any room, especially during the holidays. Tablescaping for New Year’s becomes bright and cheery with twinkling candles, sparkling lights, and sparkling drinks.
Start Planning Your 2022 Home Remodel Now
When you finish tablescaping for New Year’s, it’s time to turn your attention to the year ahead and think about your remodeling goals. Do you have a master bathroom makeover in mind? How about a room addition or new outdoor living space?
At Sea Pointe Construction, the sky’s the limit. Our talented design-build team is ready to help with all of your Orange County remodeling projects. Simply give us a call at (949) 861-3400 or fill out the form below to schedule your complimentary design consultation. Let’s start the new year off right!