Unless you’re a master builder, expert electrician, savvy designer, AND professional plumber, it’s a safe bet that you’ll be hiring a bathroom remodeling contractor for your bathroom renovation. Or, at least you should be!
Between plumbing mishaps and electrical snafus to design dilemmas and more, a DIY bathroom remodel can become a nightmare in a hurry. Save yourself some time, energy, and frustration by hiring a professional bathroom remodeling contractor to do the job instead. Let’s take a look at how to find the best one!
Factors to Consider When Hiring a Bathroom Remodeling Contractor
Follow these tips to ensure you hire the best professionals for the job (hint: these tips work for other home renovations, too!) …
1. Talk to multiple contractors. When you interview several remodelers and ask for bids from each, you’ll have a better idea of what to expect. And, you’ll know if the prices you’re being given are fair and reasonable.
2. Check out each contractor’s portfolio. Taking a look at their previous work will help you learn more about the quality of their craftsmanship. Ask each contractor if they have an online bathroom portfolio, design showroom you can visit, or pictures of completed jobs.
3. Learn about the company’s schedule and proposed project timeline. Remodeling companies are extremely busy, especially during months with nicer weather. Find out ahead of time when your bathroom renovation could begin and how long it’s estimated to take. When you’re hiring a bathroom remodeling contractor that’s top quality, you may have to be patient but it’ll likely be worth the wait!
4. Get a written contract that details costs and scope of work. No one likes surprises, whether it’s a higher price than you were expecting or a customer who doesn’t want to pay. A written deal makes things easier for both sides. You’ll know what you’re getting for how much money, making it much easier to make timely payments that will keep your contractor happy!
5. Choose a design-build firm. When you choose a remodeling company that has a design team, engineers, architects, master builders, and other building professionals on staff, your project is more likely to go smoothly. With everyone on the same team, communication is often better and more efficient, making the whole process more enjoyable.
Finding a Bathroom Remodeling Contractor in Orange County
Whether you’re looking to do a luxurious master bathroom remodel in Orange, or a simple powder room in Irvine, Sea Pointe Construction makes hiring a bathroom remodeling contractor simple! We’ve been serving the remodeling needs of Orange County residents since 1986. With over three decades of experience, an award-winning design team, and master craftsmen on staff, we’d love to be your bathroom remodeling partner.
When you’re ready to put your bathroom renovation plans into action, simply contact us at (949) 861-3400 to schedule your complimentary design consultation.