Smart home technology has made significant advances in recent years. In fact, what used to only be available to the wealthy or elite, is now readily available to the average homeowner.
As smart home devices become more affordable, you may be wondering which ones you should use in your own household. While some are pure luxury items, others can actually save you time and/or money. Let’s take a look at a few popular options.
Smart refrigerator for your kitchen
Gone are the days when your fridge existed simply to keep things cold. Yes, that’s still its primary function, but a smart refrigerator can do so much more. While it’s certainly more expensive than a traditional or base model, this smart home device boasts these benefits:
- Want to keep your recipes clean while you cook? Let your smart fridge read it to you as you work.
- When you notice food you need to restock, keep a running grocery list on your refrigerator. Then, sync it to your phone when you head to the store to shop.
- A transparent touchscreen allows you to see what’s inside without having to open the door. No more wasting energy just to check out what food is left.
- Save money on wasted food – your smart fridge can let you know when food is reaching its expiration date.
Smart technology for the bedroom
Since the primary purpose of your bedroom is to get a good night’s sleep, you might as well make the most of it. Here are some smart devices that can enhance your sleep cycles:
- Sleep tracking app: Monitor your sleep patterns to see if you’re getting the best rest.
- Smart mattress: This is more than just part of your bedroom furniture. It’s a device that can monitor your sleep and also adjust the bed temperature to make it ideal for sleeping.
Bathroom smart technology
Once the unsung hero of the house, bathrooms are emerging as a more prominent room. In fact, many bathroom remodeling design trends now include adding fixtures or amenities to create a spa-like atmosphere right at home. Smart home devices can help with this effort:
- Your digital assistant can start up your bath for you.
- Hands-free motion or voice-activated fixtures means less touching needed to turn on the faucet or adjust water temperatures. This is a perfect solution for reducing germy surfaces in a post-pandemic world.
- Mood lighting – this can be set to be brighter in the morning when you need to wake up and dimmer in the evening as you go through your bedtime routine.
Smart devices for the rest of the home
When thinking about your home’s overall comfort, don’t forget about smart home devices such as smart thermostats or smart lighting. These can be voice-activated or remotely controlled from your phone, making it easier than ever to save money on utilities. Or, they can just come in handy for creating the right mood and comfort level of the room you’re in.
Whether you’re planning a whole home remodel, or simple room upgrades, our design-build team can help you incorporate smart devices throughout your home. Give us a call at (949) 861-3400 to step into the future of smart technology that can make your life easier and more comfortable!