When you have a home remodeling project in mind, hiring the right remodeling contractor is one of the keys to its successful execution and completion. While you have many Orange County remodeling contractors from which to choose, we recommend hiring a design-build company for the best remodeling experience.
Let’s take a look at why …
What Does Design-Build Mean?
First, it’s important to understand exactly what the design-build concept includes. At first glance, you might guess that a design-build company designs and builds various remodeling projects. While that is true, it goes a little deeper than that.
Under the traditional construction process, homeowners work with multiple contractors and therefore, multiple contracts:
- Designer or architect – This professional determines the overall look, style, and layout of the remodeling project.
- General contractor – Once the design is finalized, this person or company then manages the actual building process, including subcontractors such as electricians, plumbers, and builders.
Under the design-build model, however, homeowners only need to be concerned with one contract. A design-build company utilizes an integrated approach to remodeling, having the services of a designer, engineer, and construction manager all under one roof. Any necessary subcontractors or specialty trades are managed under this single contract.
5 Key Benefits of Hiring a Design-Build Company for Your Home Renovation
For straightforward household repairs, such as the installation of a new roof utilizing the existing framework and roofline, following the traditional construction model works just fine. For more complex projects like kitchen remodels or bathroom renovations, or for anything that involves design work in addition to construction, a design-build company is better suited to the job. Here’s why …
- One contract – As mentioned above, homeowners will only need to be concerned about a single contract that encompasses everything and everyone that the remodel will require. This also includes submitting and getting any necessary remodeling permits from local authorities.
- Streamlined process – With one company handling everything, the entire process becomes more efficient and streamlined. This often results in fewer construction delays or wasted time.
- Effective communication – As a homeowner, you can picture how quickly a remodeling project could be derailed when the parties involved don’t communicate efficiently. Or, you can see how you might not be satisfied with the results if your own wishes get distorted by being passed along from one contractor to another.
With a design-build company at your service, you have one point of contact that manages all other aspects of construction. Therefore, communication can be clear, effective, and efficient.
- Accurate estimates – When the designer, engineer, and builder are all included in one contract, it’s much easier to have an accurate remodeling budget. And, with all of these people working collaboratively on the same team, it’s more likely to be able to stick to that budget.
An added bonus is that this teamwork between professionals can lead to innovative design and construction solutions that may not be possible under the traditional construction method.
- Clear remodeling timelines – When everyone involved in your remodeling project is on the same team, you’ll also have a better idea about how long your remodel will take. This is especially important since some home renovations might require moving out of your home (such as with a whole house remodel) or at least vacating the space for a certain length of time.
Work With One of the Best Design-Build Companies in Orange County
At Sea Pointe Design & Remodel, our goal is to provide you with professional but friendly service, award-winning design, and expert craftsmanship to create a space that you will be pleased with for years to come. Our design-build team works diligently to streamline the entire remodeling process from start to finish, keeping you informed of our progress all along the way.
Whether you’re looking for a luxurious master bathroom remodel, a stunning kitchen renovation, or something in between, we’d love to be your design-build company. Check out our online remodeling portfolio for samples of our work and see if you’re located in one of the Orange County cities we serve.
Then, give us a call at (949) 861-3400 or fill out the form below to schedule your complimentary design consultation!