But, what if your home isn’t all it’s chalked up to be? If you’re like many homeowners, sheltering in place has opened your eyes to what’s wrong with your home, not what’s right about it. And, perhaps it’s left you planning what home improvement or remodeling project you’re going to do next.
Sheltering in place inspires home upgrades
You might say that sheltering in place is a little like spending several weeks with your in-laws. What you might normally overlook or not think twice about becomes glaringly obvious the more time you spend together.
Here are the most common home-related problems that homeowners noticed while spending time at home during the pandemic:
- Inadequate home office space – Many of us have never worked from home before the Covid-19 crisis. Or, we’ve never telecommuted for extended time periods. The pandemic has opened our eyes to the need for a designated home office that offers both function and style.
- Not enough storage – When everyone’s home at once, there just isn’t enough room for everyone’s things!
- Kitchen downfalls – With restaurants closed or only available for take-out, sheltering in place left many homeowners spending more time than ever cooking at home.
- Not enough outdoor space – When everyone’s cooped up inside, it’s only natural to want a functional, relaxing space to turn to
Helpful home remodeling solutions
So, now that you’ve noticed a few of your home’s faults, it’s time to do something about them. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Create the perfect home office – It’s possible that you’re going to be working from home for a while yet, or need to again in the future. Why not take the time now to make sure you’re fully equipped?
- Utilize custom storage solutions – Now that it’s clear how much storage you actually need, it might be time for some upgrades. Our designers can help with custom bathroom cabinetry or perfect storage options for any room in the house.
- Build your dream kitchen – Make a list of all the things you didn’t like about cooking at home while sheltering in place. Then, identify what you want in your perfect kitchen. Whether it’s custom kitchen cabinets, new lights and fixtures, or an entire kitchen remodel, we can make it happen!
- Get an outdoor kitchen – While we can’t solve your problem of not enough space outside, we can help you make the most of the space you do have. An expertly designed outdoor kitchen can be the perfect solution for cooking and entertaining, both now and when social distancing is a thing of the past.
Are you ready to put all your sheltering-in-place home remodeling ideas to the test? Perfect! Give us a call at (949) 861-3400 or contact us online to get started.