When you make the decision to renovate your kitchen, it’s an exciting time! From luxurious finishes to custom cabinets and brand new appliances, there is so much to choose from. The process can often be overwhelming, so where do you start?
We recommend beginning by choosing the best kitchen remodeling contractor to meet your needs. Why? Simply put, who you hire to do the job will make all the difference along the way and with the final result. In addition, the right contractor can help you with both major and minor decisions, making the entire process more enjoyable.
How to Find the Best Kitchen Remodeling Contractor
Whether you live in Corona del Mar, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Mission Viejo, or any of the surrounding areas, there are a variety of Orange County remodeling companies from which to choose. Here are 5 easy steps you can take to make sure you’re getting the best kitchen remodeling contractor to do the job.
- Talk to people. If you have a friend, neighbor or family member who has recently had their kitchen remodeled, ask them what they liked and didn’t like about their remodeling contractor. Most people are more than willing to share their experience!
- Choose experience. The last thing you want is to choose a company that’s brand new. Instead, choose a remodeling company with decades of experience. They’ll know what to expect and how to plan for the unexpected. Plus, they’ll probably even have a kitchen portfolio for you to review so you can see examples of their work.
- Ask questions. The best kitchen remodeling contractor will be more than willing to answer any questions you may have. Here are some questions you could start with: Will I have to get my own remodeling permit, or will you do that for me? When can you start my project and how long will it take? How do you handle change orders? Do you provide a remodeling contract that outlines all costs and materials?
- Read a sample contract. There are a lot of decisions to be made during a kitchen renovation. Things like flooring type, cabinet colors, countertop materials, and tile choices if you want a backsplash. You should have a detailed contract that includes types of materials, costs for labor and materials, insurance specifics, payment and work schedules, and a description of how change orders are handled.
- Choose a design-build company. Lastly, if you hire multiple contractors to get the job done, you risk scheduling delays or errors in communication. In contrast, when you hire a design-build remodeling company, the entire process is handled by one company, making it much simpler from start to finish.
Expert Kitchen Remodeling in Southern California
Maybe it’s our award-winning design team and builders with exquisite craftsmanship. Or, perhaps it’s our decades of remodeling experience that makes all the difference. Either way, it’s no surprise that some of our clients have called us the best kitchen remodeling contractor in Orange County!
Whether you’re ready to begin your kitchen renovation now, or you’re just starting out in the process, we’d love to be your remodeling partner. To get started, simply give us a call at (949) 861-3400 to schedule your complimentary design consultation.