Summer is here! Sunny days and warm evenings mean that it’s time to spend time outside and get some fresh air. The day is just packed with lounging in the sun, barbecuing in the evening, and roasting s’mores at night. The best part about that schedule is that it can all be done right at home in your own backyard. That’s right. With a wooden deck you have the perfect place to have some friends over or enjoy your own private relaxation zone.
With a good plan and a skilled contractor, building a deck could be a fairly quick project. You can enjoy the rest of your summer and fall outside within a few weeks.
Here are 5 reasons why you should have a deck in your backyard:
1. Decks are great for entertaining. Whether you’re having an elegant dinner party or a wild barbecue, a deck is the perfect venue during and after dinner.
2. You will save money. You don’t need to go out and spend money to have a good time. The deck is your new personal retreat. There’s also the advantage of not paying for air conditioning when you’re outside! (Air conditioning accounts for 22% of the energy usage in most households)
3. While some outdoor items can get ruined in the weather, a properly maintained deck can last 30-40 years.
4. Decks have a great return on investment and generally raise property value. According to a U.S. News & World Report article, adding a wooden deck has an 87.4% return on investment. Wooden decks are consistently found on lists of the top home improvements for this reasons.
5. It’s just so relaxing. It’s a wonderful feeling to be out on your deck, sitting in a comfortable chair or chaise lounge, feeling the cool breeze while soaking up the warm rays of the sun.
If that’s enough to convince you, get a deck now and start enjoying summer the right way.
For more information about home improvement projects, contact the experts at Sea Pointe Construction.